Orlando Dog Training Club, Inc.
What do I need to know before I sign up?
There are class requirements for a lot of our classes. Please see the class description for the class
you are interested in. If after reading the description you are unsure as to which class you should take, email the Training Director
and provide a full synopsis of your dog’s training history and she will make a recommendation.
There may be a waiting list for a class, especially the advanced obedience competition classes.
At this time we do have a waiting list for our V-1 classes. Any students who did not take that class in the previous session will have to be approved by our Training Director.
Please note – we accept registrations on a "first-received-with-deposit" basis. Our classes generally fill up a week or two prior to the start of each session.
If you have questions, please contact the Training Director
. Please note you will receive a reply generally within 3-5 business days. All of our staff are volunteers and work at full-time jobs during the day. Communications will be handled via email.
Please note that ODTC does not accept any credit cards or debit cards in our training facility. Payments must be by cash or bank check.
Kindergarten and Beginner classes are first night without dogs.
I would like to signup online
1. Fill out our online signup form (buttons below)
2. Once you have submitted your signup you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your submission.
3. Our training dept. will review your sign up. (Please be patient. We are all volunteers so it might be a few days before we can take a look.)
4. If you are approved we will send you an email with instructions on how to submit your deposit
5. If you pay with Paypal you now have a spot in the class
6. If you choose to pay by mail we will email you once we have received your check. (The address to send the payment to will be in the email.) You now have a spot in the class.
7. Please read and print the Training Night Handout.
8. The remaining balance due after we receive your deposit will need to be paid on your first night of class. We accept cash/checks only at our training building. We do accept Paypal up to 2 days in advance of the start of the class. Paypal information will be provided in the email that you have been accepted for the class.
Our emails will have more information tailored to the specific class you are taking.
NEW Student sign up
Returning Student sign up
I am signed up. What else do I need to know?
Please see our confirmation email. It has a lot of information pertaining to the class you are taking.
Be sure to arrive 30 minutes early on the first night
Please use the MAIN ENTRANCE for the Central Florida Fairgrounds when coming to class.
Come through the main gate, go past the restrooms on your right and turn right. There will be a large building on your left. We are in that building at the furthest entrance. There is plenty of parking on the grass.
Please read and print the Training Night Handout.
The Fairgrounds will not be responsible for damage or loss of personal belongings.
Choke/slip chains are not allowed in training classes. Buckle collars, gentle leaders, martingale collars and rubber-tipped prong collars are all recommended for class. E-collars are not allowed at ODTC.
We do not offer make up classes if you miss a class night. If we have to cancel due to weather or some other unforeseen circumstance, ODTC will offer an additional class night or credit/reimbursement for the missed class.
Google Map to our training building
Click for directions
The Orlando Dog Training Club is very concerned with the outbreak of a highly contagious canine influenza virus known as H3N2 CIV.
This flu is an airborne virus and has been known to be spread by dogs that do not show symptoms. Some of the more common symptoms are a dry cough, lethargy, mucus discharge from eyes or nose, and possible fever.
We do suggest that you consult your veterinarian about having your dog vaccinated with the Merck Bivalent vaccine.
Any dog that does not appear to be in good health will be asked to NOT enter our building.
More information about the flu may be obtained from the University of Florida web page.
Thank you for your cooperation and help in not spreading the virus.
© 2001-2018 Orlando Dog Training Club, Inc.